Stock & Securities
Contributing long-term appreciated securities (rather than selling them) and donating the proceeds of the sale, is almost always to a donor’s advantage. Long-term gifts are defined as one year and one day.
- A donor may claim the full fair market value of donated securities as a charitable deduction on their income tax.
- A donor will avoid paying capital gains tax on the increase in the value of the securities that are donated.
How to contribute securities directly to Children's Health?
- Please contact Nicola Lawrence at 214-456-5050 or email@example.com.
- Let us know what is being contributed, and we will provide the instructions necessary to complete the gift.
Visit our website and follow the instructions listed.
If actual stock certificates are being used, please mail the unsigned stock certificates by certified mail to:
Children’s Medical Center Foundation
2777 Stemmons Fwy., Suite 1700
Dallas, Texas 75207
- Each stock must also have a signed stock power that should be mailed to the same address at the same time. Please mail the stock certificates and stock powers in separate envelopes.
- If the stock is registered in more than one name, each person must sign the stock power form. Sign only your name(s) on the stock power form and sign exactly as your name appears on the stock certificate.
- Please include a note with the stock certificates indicating the designation of your gift.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our monthly digital newsletter to receive the latest headlines and highlights of philanthropy at Children's Health.