WHAT IS KIDSTRUCTION WEEK?
KIDstructon Week is an opportunity for the North Texas regional architectural, engineering, and construction industries to join together to build strong tomorrows by supporting the Children’s Health mission to make life better for children.
Are DONATIONs TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
Yes. All KIDstruction Week participants will receive an acknowledgement letter from Children’s Medical Center Foundation with information for your tax purposes. Your donation is 100 percent tax deductible.
WHEN DO I MAKE MY DONATION?
Exact dates will vary from company to company, but most participating companies are choosing the first full payroll week in March 2017. Please turn in your Payroll Deduction Authorization Form (located in the KIDstruction Week brochure) before February 28, 2017).
HOW DOES MY DONATION MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
KIDstruction Week is an industry-driven, team effort. If everyone does a small part, together, we can make a huge difference. A few examples of how your gift can make a difference:
- A gift of $40 ($1 per hour) can provide one week’s worth of gas or meals for a family during their child’s hospitalization or one new video game for one of our playrooms.
- A gift of $120 ($3 per hour) can provide one week of infant formula, two crib mobiles for infants, or eight books for the library.
- A gift of $200 ($5 per hour) can provide birthday parties for two patients in the hospital, sacred texts and hymnals for one of our campus chapels, or five hours of Spanish interpretation services.
- A gift of $520 ($13 per hour) can provide a tablet for a child to use at bedside for distraction, electronic curriculum and e-book purchases for school services, or a PlayStation for a patient whose condition requires isolation.
WHY SHOULD I GIVE?
Each year, more than 282,000 patients visit Children’s Medical Center – many of whom are children of our fellow professionals, vendors, customers and neighbors. Beyond that, Children’s supports children in our community through multiple outreach and advocacy programs. Chances are good that you know someone who has been helped by Children's Health or who will need its services in the future.
I DON’T LIVE IN THE DALLAS AREA, WHY SHOULD I GIVE?
- After more than a century of providing the best possible medical care to children in North Texas and beyond, Children’s Medical Center has evolved into a comprehensive pediatric health care system known as Children’s Health. Children’s Medical Center Dallas, the flagship campus of Children’s Health, is joined by a variety of facilities across North Texas, including Children’s Medical Center Plano, several specialty centers, and a network of pediatric primary care facilities.
- A partnership between Children’s and UT Southwestern Medical Center produces some of the most innovative, game-changing pediatric research taking place today and trains pediatric physicians of the future.
- As the only academically affiliated health care provider in North Texas dedicated exclusively to the comprehensive care of children, from birth to age 18, Children’s Health is an essential part of the region’s infrastructure – enriching North Texas and the nation through an unwavering commitment to making life better for children.
I ALREADY GIVE TO CHARITY, WHY SHOULD I GIVE TO THIS?
KIDstruction Week is a special opportunity for the AEC industry to come together and help thousands of sick and injured kids every year. We have the potential to make KIDstruction Week a huge success. Funds raised will allow Children’s Health to continue providing the very best pediatric care through cutting-edge medicine, research, innovative programs and community outreach.
If your company matches gifts, your donation will go even further.