The most courageous SUPERHEROES can’t be found on the big screen.
They’re right here at Children’s Health℠ battling cancer, heart disease, trauma and more. That’s why we’re calling upon you to join the RED BALLOON® LEAGUE, a group of people helping our superheroes in the hospital.
We invite you to wear a cape on Nov. 8 to show your support and celebrate our toughest warriors.
How can you be a HERO for our patients?
SPONSOR A CAPE FOR A PATIENT AND PURCHASE ONE FOR YOURSELF!
Wear it on Nov. 8 in honor of the patients fighting courageously and for the everyday heroes giving back selflessly. Each cape purchased helps support world-class care for more than 298,000 children treated at Children’s Health each year.
Thank you for your interest in supporting Cape Day! Please note capes purchased on or after Nov. 8 have an anticipated delivery of Nov. 20.
How can your school, business or community group get involved?
SCHOOLS AND STUDENTS
Below are ways you can rally your students or school to celebrate our superhero patients.
- Nominating Red Balloon League members - All Red Balloon League members should demonstrate kindness, put others ahead of themselves and enjoy giving back to the community.
- Fundraising - Hold a penny drive to help purchase capes for superheroes in the hospital.
Invite employees and customers to be everyday heroes for the superheroes at Children’s Health with these ideas.
- Purchasing for a group - Ask employees to donate towards the purchase of capes for patients. Attach a note about why your company chose to donate to our superhero patients.
- Matching gifts - For each of your employees or customers that purchase a cape, make a matching donation to Children’s Health in honor of our superheroes.
- Take photos and offer customer incentives on Cape Day - Offer discounts or make a donation to Children’s Health when a customer wears a cape on Cape Day, Nov. 8. Then share your photos on social media using #CapeDayNTX.
- Fundraising - Organize a block party, bake sale, penny drive, car wash or other type of fundraiser to provide capes for patients at Children’s Health to wear on Cape Day. Attach a note about why you chose to donate to our superhero patients.
- Making capes - Host a cape-making party in your neighborhood or at a group event. This is a great opportunity to engage with the whole family, empower kids and promote kindness. Encourage participants to donate toward a cape for a patient, and don’t forget to wear the capes you created on Nov. 8 and share your photos on social media using #CapeDayNTX.
Kids count on us. We count on you.
Share your photos with us using #CapeDayNTX.