Invitations to become members of The Children’s Trust are extended to individuals and couples who are interested in and want to support Children’s Medical Center. For more information about The Children’s Trust, send an email to email@example.com or call 214-456-8360. We would like to extend a special thank you to Park Place Dealerships, the official sponsor of The Children's Trust 2015 membership drive.
Already a Member?
If you are a member of The Children's Trust, please login to the membership section:
What We Do
Members of The Trust are invited to attend exclusive educational and social events. The Trust’s signature event, “The Big Give Vote,” offers members the opportunity to choose how they would like their annual philanthropic dollars utilized, as well as a chance to mingle with other members. Educational forums focused on current pediatric health care trends and relevant issues allow members to meet medical experts from Children’s and experience an insider’s view of the hospital. The Trust also hosts a popular spring Dine Around event, and members and their families are invited to the Dallas Children's Health Holiday Parade and private brunch. There are additional opportunities during the year to both volunteer and to provide leadership through child advocacy and fund-raising activities.
The Children's Trust Annual Activities:
The Membership Reception, held annually in February, is the opportunity for current and prospective Trust members to gather for an evening of camaraderie, engaging conversation and enlightening programming.
Guests hear from hospital leadership and learn more about membership in The Children’s Trust.
The Dine Around, held annually in the spring, provides the opportunity to gather with fellow Trust members and enjoy an evening with new and old friends.
Participants start the evening at a pre-assigned member home for dinner, before gathering together at a host home for a dessert reception and remarks by Trust leadership.
The Education Luncheon and Tour, held in the fall, offers members the chance to gather at the hospital to hear an engaging clinical presentation over lunch and participate in a guided hospital tour.
The Big Give Vote Reception
Members gather for a reception prior to rotating through three giving showcase presentation stations led by Children’s clinical leadership. Following the presentations, members vote on the funding designation for the year.
The Dallas Children's Health Holiday Parade and Post-Parade Brunch
The Trust Post-Parade Brunch is an annual event and family-favorite for Trust members. Held the first Saturday in December, Trust members purchase Parade tickets in a special reserved bleacher section along the route.
Following the Parade, attendees head inside for an exclusive post-parade brunch including visits by Parade characters and entertainment.
The Children’s Trust was founded in the fall of 2002 by two dedicated couples, Sheila and Dave Beuerlein and Betty and Brian Schultz. Both couples had a history of supporting the Children’s mission and wanted to encourage their friends, colleagues and community members who had a strong interest in children’s health care, to become involved with the hospital through philanthropic, educational and social activities. With an understanding of the importance of consistent and sustained giving, The Trust designates a minimum of half of all annual membership dues to support specific items identified as critical needs by the hospital. To date, The Trust has gifted more than $1,300,000 to Children’s to support the following:
- Programmatic support for Camps, the Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities, and PET Therapy (2014)
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention Program within Pediatric Psychiatry (2013)
- Music Therapy within the Child Life Department (2013)
- Renovation of nephrology unit, creating a Nephrology Center of Excellence with expanded facilities, doubling treatment capacity at Children’s (2013)
- Outreach for the solid organ transplant program (2012)
- Support for Child Life Specialist in the Pauline Allen Gill Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (2012)
- Fogelson Plastic Surgery and Craniofacial Center - Patient Family Care (2012)
- A Mobile C-Arm and fluoroscopy table (2011)
- Research for the Gastroenterology Clinic (2011)
- Programmatic support in the Center for Pediatric Eating Disorders (2011)
- Training for patients using home dialysis (2010)
- Renovation and Expansion of the At-Risk Children (ARCH) Center (2010)
- Funding for the renovation of the Pauline Allen Gill Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders through a challenge grant from the J.E. and L.E. Mabee Foundation (2010)
- The injury prevention program and car seat initiative at Children’s (2009)
- New ultrasound technology that will increase safety and reduce infection rate for young heart patients (2009)
- Transport Services Department for medical equipment to furnish ambulance (2008)
- The construction and equipping of one room in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (2007)
- The pediatric asthma management program (2006)
- A neonatal isolette for the hospital’s transport department and specialized medical equipment used for pediatric patient transport (2006)
- A comprehensive research program on pediatric all-terrain vehicle injuries (2005)
- A mobile electrophysiology machine (2004)
- A Smart Cycler – used to identify infectious diseases in a shorter time frame, thus allowing treatment to begin quicker (2003)