Since 1983, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals has raised more than $4.7 billion—most of it $1 at a time—for 170 children’s hospitals across the United States and Canada, which, in turn, use the money where it’s needed the most. The mission of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is to generate funds and awareness programs for the benefit of children served by its member hospitals. The hallmark of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is that 100% of funds raised in an area, stay in that area.
Children’s Medical Center operates exclusively as the only Children’s Miracle Network affiliated hospital in Dallas, spanning all or part of 16 counties. With over forty-five national partners making up a network of more than 1,200 partner locations throughout North Texas that directly benefits Children’s Medical Center.
For more information, please contact Angela Bynum at (214) 456-8387.
Balloon Icon Campaigns
Partners such as Walmart, Sam’s Club, Corner Stores, Costco and Kroger conduct balloon campaigns where customers can purchase a $1 balloon icon that in turn supports Children’s Medical Center.
English and Spanish Radiothon
Throughout Radiothon, radio personalities give listeners a sense of what happens every day at Children’s. This is done by interviewing patients and their families, describing significant facts about each hospital, playing pre-taped montages, etc. This year’s Radiothon will be held December 13th and 14th. The English Radiothon broadcasts from Children’s to the entire KLUV listener base for two days in December. The Spanish Radiothon will be a two day event broadcast from The Ryan Secrest Studios.
Several events take place each year:
- Miracle Treat Day (August, 2014)
- For one day each year on “Miracle Treat Day,” all participating Dairy Queen locations in the United States and Canada donate $1 or more from every Blizzard® Treat sold to their local children’s hospitals.
- Miracle Jeans Day (September, 2014)
- Individuals, groups or companies can show their support for children’s hospitals by wearing jeans in return for a donation.
- Torch Relay (October, 2014)
- A unique multi-day event that traverses the country each fall with participants walking, running and cycling to raise funds for their children’s hospitals.
- Extra Life for Kids (2014 TBD)
- Extra Life is a 24-hour video game marathon that raises money to help kids at their local children’s hospitals.