Children's Medical Center Foundation ("Site Owner") maintains this site (the "Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site only for non-commercial, personal use, as long as you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, use, modify, distribute or transmit the contents of the Site, including the text, images, audio and video for public or commercial purposes, without Site Owner's written permission.
Your access and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. As a condition to your accessing and browsing the Site, you must accept the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, then you are not permitted to browse the Site or access the materials contained at the Site. Site Owner may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You should periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions, since you are required to comply with such revised Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- The site does not constitute an attempt to practice medicine;
- use of the site does not establish a doctor-patient relationship;
- individuals should consult a qualified health care provider for medical advice and answers to personal questions;
- while the site attempts to remain current, health care information changes rapidly and thus the site should not be relied upon as comprehensive or error-free; and
- the web site reserves the right to change its disclaimer or other terms and policies, so users should review these periodically.
- Contents/Availability of Site. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted, and may not be used except as provided (a) in these Terms and Conditions or (b) in the relevant text on the Site, as applicable. Site Owner neither warrants nor represents that your use of the materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties. While Site Owner uses reasonable efforts to include accurate information on the Site, (which is updated periodically), Site Owner makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy, and you may use it at your own risk. The Site may also contain information posted by others, where Site Owner does not have any control. Site Owner assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site. Site Owner may change the contents of the Site, restrict access to the Site, or terminate the Site at any time or from time to time.
- Proprietary Rights. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of Site Owner or third parties. The use of these images by you, or anyone authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission is provided by the owner. Any unauthorized use of these images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site, including, [insert names of trademarks] are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Site Owner and others. No Trademark displayed on the Site may be used without the written permission of the party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Site Owner will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution where authorized.
- External Links. Site may contain links to external sites. When you click on external links you will leave the site and enter another site, which Site Owner neither endorses nor controls. The Site Owner is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Legal Compliance. Although Site Owner may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and other communications on the Site, Site Owner is under no obligation to do so, and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations, or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information contained within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Site Owner will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Site Owner to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- Limitations on Warranties, Liability and Damages. Your use and browsing of the Site is at your risk. Neither Site Owner nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Site Owner also assumes no responsibility, and cannot be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site, or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- Lack of Confidentiality. Any communication or material that you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, or suggestions, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything that you transmit or post may be used by Site Owner, its affiliates and others providing services for the Site, for any purpose, including reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting and market research. Furthermore, Site Owner and those providing the services for the Site are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, and techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
- Availability of Product. Since the Site may be accessed from sources internationally where Site Owner does not do business, Site Owner does not represent that it is doing business in all such areas, or that its products or services will be available in any particular country or jurisdiction. Such products or services will only be made available when Site Owner makes them available, and in compliance with applicable laws.
- Physician Contribution. PHYSICIANS WHO CONTRIBUTE INFORMATION TO THIS WEBSITE ARE NOT EMPLOYEES OF THE SITE OWNER BUT ARE EITHER MEMBERS OF THE SITE OWNER'S MEDICAL STAFF AND/OR EMPLOYEES OF OTHER INSTITUTIONS.
Please send the Webmaster any comments or questions regarding Children's Foundation website.
Social Media Disclaimer
The opinions and/or views expressed on Children’s Medical Center of Dallas social media platforms, including, but not limited to, the Children’s Dallas Event app, our blogs, widgets, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube pages, represent the thoughts of individual contributors and online communities, and not those necessarily of Children’s Medical Center of Dallas or any of its corporate affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, medical staff or members of its respective board of directors. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, the staff involved with maintaining the site or any members of the site.
Information posted on one of our sites is not intended to be medical advice and should not be considered medical advice, nor is it intended to replace consultation with a qualified physician or other health care provider.
By submitting content (comments, stories, photos, etc.) to any of Children’s Medical Center of Dallas's social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that Children’s Medical Center of Dallas may use this information for internal and external promotional purposes and fundraising purposes. Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via our sites used, published, copied and/or reprinted, please do not post on our pages.
While Children’s Medical Center of Dallas makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms, we do not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information.
Children’s Medical Center of Dallas reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems are inappropriate. Comments including but not limited to the following may be deleted or edited by the moderators:
Abusive or hurtful comments
Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, Web sites, organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with the hospital)
Comments that use offensive language or "hate speech" (including, but not limited to, racial, ethnic or gender bashing language)
Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal or untrue comments about a participant)
All links to other websites found linked from Children’s Medical Center of Dallas's social media sites are provided as a service to readers, but such linking does not constitute endorsement of those sites by Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, and as such we are not responsible for the content of external Web sites. Links from other websites to Children’s Medical Center of Dallas’s social media sites do not constitute approval or endorsement of or affiliation with those other sites by Children’s Medical Center of Dallas.
Use of Web analytics services
This website uses Google Analytics, a Web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.